© Copyright 2017-2018 SOS Security Services Limited
Registered office: Unit 10/C, Campus Road, Listerhills Park of Science & Commerce, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1HR
Vacancy Ref: YO31/0901
Position: Security Officer (43 hours per week)
Pay rate: £8.00 ph
You will be working at one permanent site, a student halls of residence in York. You need to have a valid frontline SIA licence along with excellent communication ability, both written and spoken, as well as a smart appearance.
To comply with BS7858, the applicants must be able to provide last 5 years history. You must also have (unrestricted) right to work in UK. Driving licence and own transport is desirable although not essential, however we are looking to employ suitable candidates who live within a maximum of 30 minutes commute from YO31 post code area, whether via public transport or own. Regrettably, if you live further afield, we wouldn't be able to process your application for this position.
Hours: Full time, Minimum 43 hours per week on a three week rotating roster.
- Reception duties, including controlling access and egress of residents and visitors.
- Answering phone calls and dealing with residents and visitors face to face.
- Dealing with emergency services as and when needed.
- Maintaining health and safety standards ensuring safety and security of residents and visitors as well as property.
- Internal and external patrols of multi storey buildings.
- Investigating and dealing with disturbances and anti social behaviour.
- Answering and investigating alarms.
- Writing reports of daily activities and completing other relevant paperwork.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations including Health & Safety, Data Protection and other site specific assignment instructions.
- Keeping an eye on in-house CCTV when free from other duties.
- Keeping the staff area tidy.
- Other security related tasks as and when given by the site management.
- 5.6 weeks paid holidays per annum (includes bank holidays)
- Further training prospects
- Immediate start available for the right candidate
Please note, we do not take job applications / enquiries over the phone.
Whenever a new vacancy becomes available, we always display it on this page in 'current vacancies' section below along with relevant information about 'how to apply'.
The same vacancy may also be advertised on jobcentre website. If no vacancy is advertised below then we do not currently have any available.
Security officer - YORK YO31 - 43 hours per week