Vacancy Ref: BD7/0708
Position: Security Officer (14 hours per week)
Pay rate: £9.00 ph
Location: Bradford (BD7 near Bradford University)
You must have previous verifiable work history within the man guarding field, ideally within the student accommodation sector. You'll be working 14 hours per week over 7 days, 8pm to 10pm as security officer covering two student accommodation buildings within walking distance from Bradford university. You need to have a valid frontline SIA licence along with excellent communication ability in English language, both written and verbal, as well as a smart appearance.
To comply with BS7858, the applicants must be able to provide last 5 years name, address and employment history. You must also have (unrestricted) right to work in the UK. Full driving licence and own transport essential as you may be occasionally required to attend site on short notice.
There is also a possibility of an additional role being made available for the right candidate to work as mobile response officer, however this purely depends on suitability of the successful candidate. Full training will be provided.
Due to the type of role, we’re looking to employ a suitable candidate who lives within a maximum of 04 miles radius from Bradford city centre, ideally close to Bradford university. Regrettably, if you live further afield, we wouldn't be able to process your application for this position.
- Reception duties, including controlling access and egress of residents and visitors.
- Answering phone calls and dealing with residents and visitors enquiries face to face.
- Dealing with emergency services as and when needed.
- Maintaining health and safety standards ensuring safety and security of residents and visitors as well as property.
- Internal and external patrols of multi storey buildings.
- Answering and investigating alarms.
- Writing reports of daily activities and completing other relevant paperwork.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations including Health & Safety, Data Protection and other site specific assignment instructions.
- Keeping an eye on in-house CCTV when free from other duties.
- Investigating and dealing with disturbances and anti social behaviour.
- Keeping the reception area tidy.
- Other security / reception related tasks as and when given by the site management.
- Full job training and onsite induction
- Pay rate £9.00 p/h for this site, other sites may have different rates
- 5.6 weeks paid holidays per annum (includes bank holidays)
- Further training prospects
- Immediate start available for right candidate, however if you are currently working and need to serve your notice, that's fine too.