© Copyright 2017-2018 SOS Security Services Limited
Registered office: Unit 10/C, Campus Road, Listerhills Park of Science & Commerce, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1HR
Vacancy Ref: YO31/1017
Position: Security Officer (46 hours per week)
Pay rate: £8.00 ph
SIA Licence (SG or DS) is mandatory for this position. This vacancy is to work at one permanent site located in YO31 postcode area. The role requires applicants to have excellent communication ability, both written and spoken, as well as a smart appearance. Conflict management skills are a must for this position. You must also be physically able to carry out tasks that include hourly patrols, including use of stairs.
To comply with BS7858, the applicants must be able to provide employment history of last 5 years without any gaps or produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self-employment or full and part time education during the five year period. We must be able to verify this information in writing and there must not be any unverifiable gaps during the last 5 year period. You must also have a valid SIA licence and unrestricted right to work in UK. Driving licence and own transport is desirable although not essential, however we are looking to employ suitable candidates who live within a maximum of 40 minutes commute from YO31 post code area. Regrettably, if you live further afield, we wouldn't be able to process your application for this position.
Hours: Full time permanent, 46 hours per week / variable shift patters including days, nights, evenings and weekends.
- Reception duties, including controlling access and egress of residents and visitors.
- Answering phone calls and dealing with residents and visitors enquiries face to face.
- Dealing with emergency services as and when needed.
- Maintaining health and safety standards ensuring safety and security of residents and visitors as well as property.
- Internal and external patrols of multi storey buildings.
- Investigating and dealing with disturbances and anti social behaviour.
- Answering and investigating alarms.
- Writing reports of daily activities and completing other relevant paperwork.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations including Health & Safety, Data Protection and other site specific assignment instructions.
- Keeping an eye on in-house CCTV when free from other duties.
- Keeping the staff area tidy.
- Other small site tasks as and when given by the site management.
- 5.6 weeks paid holidays per annum (includes bank holidays)
- Further training prospects
- Immediate start available for right candidate
Please note, we do not take job applications / enquiries over the phone.
Whenever a new vacancy becomes available, we always display it on this page in 'current vacancies' section below along with relevant information about 'how to apply'.
The same vacancy may also be advertised on jobcentre website. If no vacancy is advertised below then we do not currently have any available.
Security officer - YORK YO31 - 46 hours per week