Vacancy Ref: YFT/2103
Position: Security Officer (Permanent full time position)
Pay rate: £7.65 per hour
SIA Licence (SG or DS) is mandatory for this position.
The role requires applicants to have excellent communication ability, both written and spoken, as well as a smart appearance. Conflict management skills are a must for this position. You must also be physically able to carry out tasks that include hourly patrols, including use of stairs in multi storey buildings.
To comply with BS7858, the applicants must be able to provide employment history of last 05 years without any gaps or produce documentary evidence of any period of unemployment, self-employment or full and part time education during the five year period. We must be able to verify this information in writing and there must not be any unverifiable gaps during the last 5 year period. You must also have a valid SIA licence and unrestricted right to work in UK. Driving licence and own transport is desirable although not essential, however we are looking to employ suitable candidates who live within a maximum of 30 minutes commute from the above post code.
YFT/2103: Full time, 48 hours per week over 4-5 shifts (Monday to Sunday, days / nights / weekend)
You get your working rota couple of weeks in advance. Please note, you will also be required to cover the site for your colleagues during their holidays, sickness & emergencies.
- Reception duties, including controlling access and egress of residents and visitors.
- Answering phone calls and dealing with residents and visitors enquiries face to face.
- Dealing with emergency services as and when needed.
- Maintaining health and safety standards ensuring safety and security of residents and visitors as well as property.
- Internal and external patrols of multi storey buildings.
- Investigating and dealing with disturbances and anti social behaviour.
- Answering and investigating alarms.
- Writing reports of daily activities and completing other relevant paperwork.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations including Health & Safety, Data Protection and other site specific assignment instructions.
- Keeping an eye on in-house CCTV when free from other duties.
- Keeping the staff area tidy.
- Other small site tasks as and when given by the site management.
- 5.6 weeks paid holidays per annum (includes bank holidays)
- Further training prospects
- Immediate start available for right candidate, however if you are already working and need to serve notice, that's fine too.