SOS Security Services Ltd recognises and accepts its duty to comply with all Health & Safety Legislation applicable to its business activities. In addition to meeting our legal responsibilities we are committed, in a cost effective & structured manner, to continuous improvement of our Health & Safety performance and to embrace it as an integral part of our overall business performance.
The Company’s Managing Director is ultimately responsible for Occupational Health & Safety within the business. The Company’s Operations Managers are responsible for supervising the implementation of Health & Safety regulations on a day to day basis, paying particular attention to:
(1) The establishment, maintenance & documenting of procedures for hazard identification, assessment of risks, and implementation & regular review of necessary control measures.
(2) Provision and maintenance of plant, equipment, and materials which are safe to our employees or others who may be affected by our business activities.
(3) Arrangements for ensuring health and safety in connection with the use, handling, storage and transportation of all materials and substances.
(4) Provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure employees are competent to carry out their duties & responsibilities.
(5) Maintenance of any place of work (including client’s premises) in a condition that is safe so far as is reasonably practicable.
(6) Regular consultation with employees on matters relating to their Health & Safety at work.
(7) Provision of appropriate health assessment and examination of employees as required.
(8) Provision of adequate and appropriate resources to implement and maintain this policy.
(9) Setting, implementing, reviewing and internal publishing of the annual company Health & Safety plans and objectives.
(10)The establishment of monitoring procedures & periodic audits of compliance to the health & safety policy within the business.
The Company places the management of Occupational Health & Safety as a prime responsibility of line management, from first line supervisory level to the Managing Director.
All employees have a responsibility for their own safety and that of other persons who may be effected by their work activities. Disciplinary action which could lead to dismissal may be taken against any employee, who violates the Company’s Health & Safety procedures.
This policy will be kept up to date, particularly as the business changes in nature and size. To ensure this, the policy and the way in which it has operated will be reviewed at least every 12 months.
This statement of policy and responsibilities, having been adopted by SOS Security Services Ltd, will be issued to all employees, and be displayed on company notice boards, employee handbooks and company website. A copy of this document could also be found in company's opertions folder at each site.
All employees are encouraged to contact the Health & Safety officer of the company if they need any help, assistance or guidance in relation to their Health & Safety at work. Contact could be made in writing, via email or over the phone.